Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Menu Plan (June 21st)

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are expecting a new addition to our family in January and I have spent the last 3+ weeks being quite sick. I'm finally felling somewhat better and am ready to get back in the kitchen. One of the things I've noticed about myself this pregnancy is that I have an increased need for carbs - not a lot, but definitely at least one per meal. Without it, I was hugging porcelain, with it, not as often. So, with that, here is this week's menu:

Breakfasts:
French Toast
Baked Oatmeal
Ham and Cheese Omelet with hash browns
Eggs and grits
Bold
Lunch:
Hummus and homemade flatbread
Pizza Rolls (trying something new-will try to post instructions later)
Sandwich braid filled with any suitable leftovers
leftovers from supper

Suppers:
*Lassagna, steamed broccoli, cut fruit (we had this yesterday)

*Chicken Noodle Soup (lots and lots of veggies, especially squash, lol), bread (cooked this last night in the crock pot)

*De-boned Shrimp Stuffed Chicken (got this in Louisiana when we were there for my grandmother's funeral last week), steamed California Blend Veggies (this chicken is currently cooking, before it gets too hot to run appliances in the house)

*Mongolian Beef and Broccoli with rice (using some leftover beef stew for this instead of thinly sliced skirt steak)

*Chicken Salad Sandwiches, green salad, chickpea salad

We are also having family in for the weekend. We will cook for them once and they want to take us out the rest of the time (nice!! )

*I will also cook crockpot chicken cacciatore and freeze it for later if we don't need to have it right away.

No comments: