Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mardi Gras!

We are definitely celebrating Mardi Gras here today. Not because there are parades here (there aren't) but because Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday, and there is a lot of gluttony taking place here today - lol. Gluttony including too many tater tots and much, too much caffeine.

So, here are some thoughts about my sacrifices for lent. First, for the record (to help keep me accountable), I'm giving up the nine minutes of sleep between 6:00 and 6:09 am which is also known as hitting "snooze". Starting tomorrow and going through Easter, I will not indulge in those delightful yet forbidden minutes. Another sacrifice will be no fast food for our family. Its not that we eat it often, usually only a few times a month, but fast food does allow me to be a little lazy preparing for outings with the family. Without fast food as an option, I won't be able to forget to pack healthy snacks for the kids. And finally, at least twice, but hopefully weekly, I'd like to receive the sacrament of reconciliation. The hardest of these will definitely be "snooze".

No comments: