Monday, February 4, 2008

What do you get when you cross a bag of frozen spinach . . .

. . . a couple of chicken breasts, a jar of white sauce, a pound of bread dough, an end of a wedge of parmigiana reggiano and lots of garlic? A lovely chicken florentine pizza!

I'm still not sure how it will turn out, as this is an experiment, but it sure does smell great. Here's what I did:

Made a one pound loaf in the bread maker on the dough cycle. While the dough was kneading, I cooked the chicken breasts till brown on both sides. Then I de-glazed the pan with a little water to make a nice rich sauce and chopped the chicken. Next I added the thawed and drained spinach, sauce and garlic. Next I rolled out the dough, spread some of the sauce on it and some cheese, then I added the rest of the chicken mixture and topped with the remaining cheese. Its in a 425 deg oven right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

ETA: This experiment turned out GREAT! This is definitely a keeper :o)

No comments: