Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 5/11/09


See hundreds of menus at Organizing Junkie. Here is our plan for this week. This is our "use it up" week. We're trying to make our meals and snacks from the pantry or freezer.

Supper:
Monday- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup with sun-dried tomato/ basil beer bread. I'm using a left over roasted chicken from last week to make the stock for the soup - Monday evening is Karate, so we need something easy.

Tuesday - Mixed Mushroom Pizza with bread sticks and a green salad. I found this recipe in a magazine. It looks yummy and we love carmelized onions, mushrooms and fontina cheese, to I think it will be a hit.

Wedesday - Turkey and roasted veggie paninis with chipotle mayo and pesto pasta salad. We are making the pesto with our homegrown basil and parsley (we use both in our pesto). I'll post a recipe and pics as soon as I can.

Thursday - use it up - leftover day

Friday - Shrimp and veggie yakisoba

Saturday - Roasted chicken and veggie tray

Sunday - Beef kabobs, veggie kabobs and tabouli - The beef is will be from our order of locally raised grass fed beef. I'm so thrilled to have found a local source of grass fed beef and we're so excited that it will be in this weekend.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

All of your menus sound great - especially the paninis, now I'm craving one! You should check out springpad's
weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes, I think you'd really like it!

Rachel @ springpad