Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Blabbermouth with Nothing to Say?

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I rarely have nothing to say. I'm a talker, to say the least, which is much of the reason why I blog - to have another outlet for all of my talking, just in written form. But this week, for some reason, I don't have much to say. I think maybe my blabbering mouth is on vacation. For some reason, instead of blogging or talking, this week, I seem to just want to read (even more than usual, lol). So, instead of feeling bad about not participating in all of my regular weekly blog carnivals, I'm just going to declare it a blogging vacation and enjoy lounging around reading (when I'm not cooking, cleaning up after cooking, doing laundry or tripping over toys, lol) a bunch of mostly fluffy fiction.

So far this week I've read, The Backyard Homestead, edited by Carleen Madigan, Open House by Elizabeth Berg, listened to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger on my iPod while doing some house organizing (I read this once before and enjoyed it very much - hoping to see the movie this weekend), A Guys Guide to the Good Life, Virtues for Men by Robert P. Lockwood (will be reviewing this for The Catholic Company on my blog next week), and I'm currently reading Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris (like I said, fun, fluffy fiction, lol). Typically, if I find a book I like, I will usually read everything my library has by that author. I read a lot, so I am always looking for something else to read. Who do you read? Please offer suggestions of your favorite books/ authors.

I have a stack of fiction that I checked out of the library, but I may wait on those and finish reading the second book in the Outlander series (Dragonfly in Amber), which I had to force myself to stop reading since I had become obsessed with it and was doing nothing else but reading. Since I'm taking a reading vacation, I have permission to obsess about a 700 page book, right?

And on that note, I'm off to get breakfast ready and clean up the kitchen after that so I can dive back into 18th century Scotland. See ya Monday :o)

No comments: