Friday, June 12, 2009

Inspired To Clean

My friend Paula over at The Chicken Coop has been posting her deep cleaning updates on her blog and reading them has been such an inspiration. Outside of the cleaning we've done as we packed for moves (4 times in 2 years) I have not done much cleaning in a long time. The cleaning I did yesterday wasn't a lot, but I'm so excited to get started and I'm hoping that the success of yesterday will encourage more cleaning.

First, I did some basic cleaning, including cleaning the toilets, which sadly, were starting to get really yucky. I don't usually let things get that bad. I really think all the moving is starting to get to me. Next I did some decluttering and organizing. I went through several reusable shopping bags full of old papers and homeschooling books and threw out all the papers we no longer needed and organized the rest. Something else I did that I'd been meaning to do for a long time was join paperback swap. I joined and listed more than 10 books, so I was able to get credits for trades right away. I was also pleased that four of the books I listed have already been requested.

Additionally, I organized my coupons which is one chore I hate doing. It is the only thing I don't like about couponing, lol. I organized the cookbooks I didn't list on paperback swap and I culled and organized stacks of magazines laying around in the dining area.

Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, the cleaning I did wasn't much, but it still really made a difference in the way the house looks and the way that I feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori, Good luck with the cleaning. I'm really dreading next week as it's bedrooms. The boys never clean, though my own fault. I hated when my mom used to preach at us to clean our rooms, so I never do it to the boys, but then their rooms are just stys and I can't stand it! It's a vicious circle!