Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WFMW: Getting Free Gift Cards for reading E-mails

Back in December of last year (during my blogging break), my husband (and 15 other people) was laid-off from the job we had just moved to accept. You learn a lot about yourself and your marriage during times like that. Thankfully, we learned that we handled that difficult time better than either could have expected.

One of our favorite little luxuries before the layoff was going out of coffee. There is a local coffee house chain in Louisiana that we love. We often had a date night consisting of browsing the bookstore then going to the coffee shop.

We were blessed that during the layoff, even when we were not spending on luxuries, no matter how little, that we were still able to enjoy our date night on occasion. Although we had to visit a different coffee shop chain, we had free gift cards that allowed us to enjoy our little treats.

I've been a member of MyPoints for one year (my anniversary was last week) and during that time, I have qualified for several free gift cards (at least 5, but I don't remember exactly) without spending any money at all. You can get cards more quickly if you buy things from the advertisers, but my goal is to get the gift cards for free, so I don't buy anything.

By reading emails, using the MyPoints toolbar for searches, using their printable coupons and filling out surveys, I've been able to get free gift cards for our family from CVS, Walgreens, and Starbucks. There are also gift cards for restaurants, movie theaters, discount stores (target * walmart), specialty stores and more. It adds up really quickly. I get a new gift card about once every 2 months.

Would you like to read emails, take surveys and print and redeem coupons and get free gift cards? If you are interested, leave a comment with your email address. I can refer 5 people per month and would be happy to help you get started (and you will be helping me earn some points for helping you get started) :o)

Check out Works For Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family.

4 comments:

rella12 said...

I am interested. get me started, please.

The Book Lady Online said...

Hi Rella12,

I need your email address to be able to get you started. You can email it to me at motheringwithgrace at yahoo dot com . I'll add you as soon as I get your email address. :o)

Lori

DarcyLee said...

I've been a part of MyPoints for about 2 years now. It's a great program.Good luck with getting your referrals and thanks for visiting my blog.

Melissa said...

Oh, neat. I use MyPoints because that's how BzzAgent awards points now, but I didn't know that you could refer friends to MyPoints. Thanks!