Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WFMW: Baking Day?


Lots of people do "baking days" where they spend the day stocking their freezer with baked items. I love the way this sounds. But in real life, that just does not work for me. What does work for me is to bake one item every day, right after dh & I get up, but before the house heats up or the kiddos wake up. If I can't get the baking done that early, then the boys help me with my baking in the early evening, after temps have started to fall. This week, we've made or are planning to make:

Banana Nut Bread (I used coconut oil instead of shortening for the fat - this were gone even before it cooled completely. Next time we'll make a double batch, lol)

My Grandma's No Bake Chocolate/ Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (we made these Monday and they are already almost gone - we love these so much!)

Granola Bars (This recipe makes tons so I'm putting some of these away in the freezer because they are great to have when we are traveling, which we will be pretty soon, and if I don't put them away now, they will be all eaten up before tomorrow)

Whole Wheat Honey Muffins (we're making these tomorrow - I'm also hoping to put some in the freezer for traveling)

Oatmeal Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies (making these later this week - I'll post the recipe as soon as I find it.)

Check out other WFMW posts at We Are THAT Family.

No comments: